May 17, 2009

Only because it's been so long...

One of these days I'm going to do something super exciting and blow all y'all away... but not today.
Hmm, this past month... we got Danica's pics taken at JCPenney. That is a major accomplishment. The last time I took her in she was 2. And I still don't know how to get my scanner to work so you get a pic of a pic. I was nervous about taking her in because we had a war when trying to get her ready. Bribery, however, saved the day.
The 10th was of course Mother's Day but it was also Rob and my anniversary!!!! How exciting is that?!?! I'm not big into holidays- AT ALL- but we did have a very pleasant weekend. We got to go to a movie friday night. We saw Star Trek which I really liked. I think Rob thought it was good but a little silly. It bothered me the whole time that Spock is played by the Sylas actor. Creepy! We went for a walk at Alton Baker- it was gorgeous! Saturday morning we went out to breakfast with my folks and then wandered around Saturday Market. I'm fairly certain I haven't been there since high school or earlier and was really excited about it... I had no idea it was so expensive! I was kinda bummed. Saturday night we went out to dinner. We made plans to hike to the bench on Mt. Pisgah, mainly because Rob said I wouldn't be able to so I have to prove him wrong! But...we ended up sleeping all afternoon on Sunday. Which is good too. I only recently started getting any decent sleep because I finally caved and got some Zantac. Wow! It's wonderful. I can lay down! Here's a pic of Danica from Mother's Day. I haven't been one for pics lately for some reason ;)
Danica played with her play-do the other day. When getting it out she was talking about wanting to use "this color and this color." I think she has a limit of two colors at a time at Grandma's. So I just told her "fine, whatever you want" and went to sit down. This is what she did... with ALL her play-do. The front row is Rock"stars". I thought it was cute.
Things have been good. I've been nesting like crazy. I think we might set a record on how long the house is CLEAN. This past Wednesday was my last day of work. I've had backaches daily for the last couple weeks so I'm relieved to not have to deal with the killer one I would get after work. I'm trying to convince baby if she wants to come early I certainly wouldn't be opposed. Oh, but then I'd have to figure out a name for her! Do they let you leave the hospital without naming the child???

5 comments:

Christine said...

I love that you think you have nothing to write about! You actually have your own family to write anything about!! I just talk about myself and the crazy things I do! lol
I LOVED Star Trek! But I don't know what the other character Spock played, my mom and I liked all the characters...
Yeah on your anniversary!
I can't believe your little one is almost here!! It is so exciting!! I think Christine or Janel is a GREAT name! :) (Janel is my middle name!)

Good luck with everything!

Watts Family said...

She is so cute!!! Congrats on you Anniversary!!! I love having you in our ward and in primary. We need you!! I can't wait to see your little girl. She is going to be super cute!! I get to hold her ALL the time! Dibs!

Anonymous said...

Remember that Skier that won a medal at some olympics, her parents couldn't think of a name so they just called her 'baby' until she was like 5 and then they let her pick her own name- Peekaboo Street. Naming someone is hard, i think thats why we named our kids names they could change around (like Bennett- Ben or Benny)if they don't like what we call them.

the splendid life of us... said...

That is a beautiful picture of your big girl! I was just wondering that when your baby girl is born if you would let me take some newborn pictures of her. I have always wanted to photograph a brand new baby. It would be free of charge for sure! Email me if you are interested.

photosbybrenley@gmail.com

Taylor said...

I can't believe we are getting so close!!! Hooray!!! Do you really not have a name picked out yet or are you just keeping it a secret until baby comes? I think we decided on Hunter Gabriel Motley. At least that is the one we agree upon the most. :)