September 10, 2009

Kindergarten?!


Align Left
I can't believe my little girl is old enough to go to school. Today was her first day. Half her class started yesterday and the rest today. I like the idea of the small class size on the first day. I got to go into the classroom with her to drop her off. I saw that her spot today was seated next to a little boy so I was holding my breath. (She has cried multiple times during church for having to sit next to a boy- I'd appreciate this if she were a teen) She sat down fine but quickly had the sulky look on. She whispered "I'm not so sure about this." haha. cute. She seemed fine by the time I left just a couple minutes later. Her teacher seems real nice. Classic kindergarten teacher. She's currently at school so I'll have to find out how her day went later. (sigh) I miss her.
Oh, and I fear I have already failed her. All of the other little girls were wearing either a dress or a skirt and all but one had leggings on. Did I miss the memo?!?

4 comments:

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

No! She looks so cute. Who wears dresses to school anyway?! ;) I can't believe she's in Kindergarten already! I love the "I'm not so sure about this" comment. Can't wait to hear how it all went.

Mel D said...

I worried needlessly. Her first words to me when I picked her up were "I made a boyfriend!." She doesn't remember his name but he wore a green shirt today.

Watts Family said...

So the whole boy thing doesn't bother her anymore! It doesn't take long!! You have to watch out for her! She's a cutie!

The Seaton Family said...

All the cute boys like the down-to-earth girls in jeans. Especially at that age . . . those girls in skirts and dress wouldn't be able to keep up. How cute!