December 28, 2009

December is such a great month...

I mean really! It can't get any better than December! Christmas, vacation from school, hot cocoa, fuzzy socks, super awesome people's birthdays... ;)

We had a super busy Christmas. Twas great. Christmas Eve we had hot cocoa with candy canes in it, watched a christmas movie(I had forgotten how much I dislike Charlie Brown), had Rob read us several Christmas books, opened a present each (Rob and Danica played with one of the gifts-a game) and then drove around seeing Christmas lights. I love doing things as a family. I'm usually just dragging the girls here or there.

So last time I posted it let me actual cut and paste the pics wherever I wanted. I was so excited that it was no longer a nightmare to fix a post!...and now it won't let me. Grrr. Here is Danica on Christmas Eve. Us girls went and had pizza at Grandma's house....well, poor Mira didn't get any pizza.
Christmas morn we were at my parent's house. We 'intended' to wake up and have our Christmas morn at home. opening presents but we kinda totally slept in and were late getting to my folks for breakfast. Neil has a sense of humor and thought it would be funny to be really thorough in providing me with what was on my Christmas list-a hand grater. I received half a dozen from him. Har, har, har.
Babes was a happy camper Christmas morn.
It is SOOO much fun having little kids on Christmas. We heard a lot of "it's just what I always wanted!" from her.
Mira wanted her presents to, in a way. Yum!
We're back to Christmas Eve now.
Aren't y'all jealous of our amazing tree?! This was Danica's tree last year that she had in her bedroom and got to decorate with her ornaments. I felt so guilty last year for killing a tree that we enjoyed this one as our family tree this year. It would have been better if a third of the lights weren't out. When I was putting it away for next year I removed the lights so we could put whatever strand we want...it took me probably an hour! It was a nightmare. I kept having an inner debate on whether I should just toss it and get a new one. Cheapness won.
The girls...Mira kept trying to twist around Danica and get the tree/nativity/anything she could reach so we had to give her something to placate her.
It's so hard to get Rob to not pull faces. Poor Danica had to sit through several pics before I could get a semi-decent one.
Puppy pals Bingo. =)
Storytime.
Back to Christmas. We went over to Dan and Julie's for lunch.
I should have taken a close-up of this tray that Julie made for Danica. It is so pretty!
They framed Rob's diploma for him.
Finally back at our house in the evening. After a couple pics we decided we were all pictured out so I gave up. =)
Danica opening her gift from Mandi. It was so sweet of her to think of kiddo. She's a po' missionary =)
Nana Mykie made the girls both matching pajamas and dresses. Amazing! I get frustrated just trying to make elastic waist band skirts!
Hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas! Thanks to everyone who made ours special!

1 comment:

Watts Family said...

Such cute pictures! I am glad you guys had a great Christmas! i am really sad to be leaving you guys!! I really don't want to! We still need to hang out!! With Amy also! Tell her that for me!