October 27, 2009

My mommy says I need to blog...

(sigh) There's been so many super exciting, amazing things that I've been up to this last month it's going to be hard to choose what to blog about...

...

...

...

hmm...

...

...

Look at how much space I've already taken up...

...

...

Let's see. Danica is liking school. She tells me about recess(if they get to go out-which they seem to not if it's really raining. Poor kids.) She also tells me about what they had for snack which more often than not seems to involve some combination of crackers, carrots, bananas and apples. She spoke every day about not being the "shining star" of the day until lo and behold one day I picked her up and she was wearing a great big star sticker on her shirt. =) Apparently there is a "star" everyday who gets a couple extra tasks to do. Moving nametags was all I got Danica to tell me. When I went to open house I did see that they also get interviewed. She comes home with a lot of crafts and practice sheets for letters and numbers that she's done. She also has acquired a knowledge of nursery rhymes? I thought that a really random thing to be teaching the kids. She got to go to the pumpkin patch with her class last Monday. Her first field trip! Isn't that the greatest thing about school?! I always loved field trips. Anyhow. I'm really glad she's enjoying it.

And in other things Danica...She got a hair cut the other day. She's been begging me to get it cut since last year when she came home from daycare saying her friend got her haircut to her chin. I kept putting it off because I liked her hair long and was afraid if she chopped it off I wouldn't be able to do anything with it. It's curly underneath and straight on top so I liked it long enough to braid and put up in ponies and pigtails, etc. I thought maybe she'd change her mind when she got to school. Nope. BUT when I took her in she decided she wanted it shoulder length instead of chin length. Phew! I ended up really liking it so I'm glad she kept insisting. =)

Mira is doing well. I like to call her Mimi just to drive Rob crazy. She is still so fussy but also quite entertaining and darling. As soon as she's put down she flips over. She's made it pretty far across the room rolling. The first night she started this, just a few days ago, she rolled over to the xbox(which was in use) and was stretching with both her arms and legs to get to the lit up 'on' button. haha. Her daddy caught her in time. =) She is still spitting up buckets but she's got enough chub that we're not worried. She likes pulling her socks off and playing with her feet. She also likes knocking down her stacking cups and getting read to. Which of course I enjoy. =) She's been really hit and miss with her sleeping habits. She resorted to waking up every one to two hours during the night several times these past couple weeks. That was... fun. She won't sleep in her crib well at all in the morning. I tried to get her to go back to bed in it several times this morning...I think it was around 6-7...She would just fidget and whine. As soon as I laid her down on my bed she zonked. Hmm, her hair is still slowly coming out. It's still long in the center on the top of her head. She could have a great mohawk. =)

I'm good. I've been in the mood to read. I've been rereading the Twilight series, including the excerpt from Midnight Sun, just for kicks. I need to go to the library, desperately. I got released from my calling in primary so I get to bum around for a little while. I love my life! I play around with my kids and hang out with my mom a lot. =) I'm getting my haircut on Thursday. That's big news for me. haha.

Rob has been working about 20 hours a week at the courthouse. He is still "enjoying" that. I would find it depressing hearing all the terrible things people do to one another. It's way out of the la-la land I prefer to live in. He has turned in part of his application for the masters program at U of O. He takes the GRE later this week. I know he's also applied for some jobs around the U.S. I think gov't jobs?... Is it terrible that I'm hoping he gets in/chooses the masters program? I'm not ready to leave Eugene. =(

We got family pictures taken the other day. I LOVE them. Click here to check them out.

Okay, this is really pathetic of me but that was the first link I've made. I had no idea it was so easy. Since I am now so talented I can post this link to Mimi's newborn photos. Considering babes was crying the whole time I was impressed at the great pics Brenley got. =)


And here are the pictures that should be expertly dispersed throughout the text... don't you think blogger should allow you to insert a picture wherever...easily?!

Mimi pulling her socks off.
The girls right before walking Danica to school. (We walk most days.)
Awe =)
Danica at the Rotary Duck Race.
Danica has been making gingerbread men at home and school...new hobby?
Danica posed for some pics while I played with the settings on Neil's camera.
Getting her haircut...
Mimi at 4 months...
She rolled OVER her toys to get there. haha. What fun tricks!
Neil thinks I should chop my hair off...

7 comments:

Taylor said...

Wow a real update...Someday I shall follow in your footsteps and do the same on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Noooooooooooooooo! Don't do it! Don't chop off your hair! Do you know how many people would die for hair like yours? Me for one. I'm sure if you did it would still look just as beautiful though. (but don't) ;0)
Your littlest girl has gotten so big! Casey can flip from back to front but not front to back that well yet.

Watts Family said...

I have short hair and I want it long. I loved my hair when I had it short, but it was like that for 5 years! I am ready for some length. It is hard to grow it out when it is short and many different layers!! It would look cute though.

The Wittig Family said...

Wow, those are some nice pics! How is she on her prices?

Mel D said...

Sorry, I should mention that I'm keeping my hair long. It looks TERRIBLE short. I just want it cut so it's even at least so I can wear it down =) Currently it is always wadded up.

Neil is crazy.

Megan and Greg said...

Oh man, would you really cut your hair? You could TOTALLY pull it off and look AWESOME! I just never thought you would. Has sad if you do and I don't get to do it! Oh well. Can't wait to see a pic. Great pics and good job on the links. I remember being way excited when I figured that out. I hope you know how pretty you are. It's ridiculous! And you body! How has that long skinny thing popped out 2 babies?!!!! Impossible!

Megan and Greg said...

Ha ha. I should've read your comment first. You are crazy. You would look amazing with short hair.