I'm gonna talk about teeth so some might want to skip this paragraph. So yesterday morning Danica sits down to breakfast, tries eating a couple bites and starts crying that her tooth hurts and she can't eat her oatmeal. Oatmeal...that doesn't really require much chewing and definitely not with her front teeth so I figured it must be pretty bad. She ended up having some drinkable yogurt (that was all I could get her to eat) took some pain meds and went to school. I picked her up from school and was dragging her to the store to look at some scrapbook paper(I heart paper!) and decided to treat her to a jamba juice which she normally would be floored about. She gets it and says it hurt to drink from the straw and didn't want it. Well I tried to get her to use a spoon but still it hurt too much...then finally suggested she just drink from the cup. no such luck. Meanwhile she is crying off and on that this thing really hurts. finally I told her to let me see it. That poor tooth looked ready to spring from her mouth. I unwisely made the comment that it would probably just fall out if she closed her mouth. Wrong thing to say! She walked around for the next hour or two refusing to close her mouth! She held napkins up to it to catch the drool. Fast forward a few hours. She's doing okay. Crying off and on but got distracted by some new toys we got. (I heart toys too btw.) So after her dinner of tomato soup in a cup she was crying about it, or maybe crying about not wanting to brush her teeth? Anyhow. I told her that I was going to have to pull it out if she was going to refuse to eat and not take care of her teeth. She was already crying but agreed and went into the bathroom. Here's where the fun starts. I was flossing her teeth and she thought I was getting too close to the sore one so she jerked her head away from me. It started bleeding and she started screaming BLOODY MURDER!!! No joke! Anytime I tried getting her to open her mouth or touch the tooth or anything she kept up a running yell of "NO, NO, DON'T DO IT!!! AAAAAH!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!IT HURTS!!!!!!!!!!" For probably 15 minutes. It. was. epic. Well, eventually she said I could check to see if the tooth was still attached. (I kept asking her to touch it just to see if it was even still in there...) It wasn't. She knocked it out when I was flossing. All that screaming for a tooth that was simply lying in her mouth. I'm sure no one else cares about this but whatever. She thanked me a couple times afterward and said she was glad she didn't have that tooth anymore so I guess she's not traumatized for life. =)
Before the trauma. Notice she is using a package of tp to hold the track. So sad. I took pity on her and got some elevation ramps today. Well I could use the excuse that I got it for her but I totally played with it after she went to bed. I love toys!

The sad child.

Now she's even!

Oooh, more teeth stuff! Mira got her first toothbrush earlier this month and she was so excited!

She even was a natural at brushing.

Though I think she learned the hard way you don't want to stick it in so far you gag yourself. ;)

This child does not like eating mushy food! I finally got her to eat oatmeal by just dumping it out in front of her. I was going to try it with veggies too. The last couple days I can't even get her to eat pureed fruit which she had been doing good with. She just wants milk, cauliflower and broccoli.

Oatmeal is good for the skin right?

Do you hear what I hear? We took some 9 month pics. I can't believe she's 9 months! Time needs to just cut it out!

I think she's concerned about her lil friend.

She's excited because I kept trying to get her to stay by her "background" and she finally got right over to mama.


Another day I tried getting a pic of the girls in their dress-up clothes. It did not go over well. haha.

Danica playing in our lovely front "yard."

Danica and I were looking at pieces of our hair. Rob generously provided me with a blood sample later. I'm fairly certain he's never been asked"Hey, can I have some of that?" when trying to clean up an owie before. It was neat to look at! He appears to be human.

We had a couple days of great sunshine before springbreak. It made me really excited for summer! Too bad it's only a week into spring...


Bagels get a thumbs up!

She loves to push buttons. She turns the receiver, xbox and controllers on and off. Conveniently and not.

I took Mira out on another gloriously sunny day. She just scurried over to mama's lap as fast as she could.


She did find her own way of sampling what the outdoors has to offer...

Yum!

Hairy man!

I did my hair one day...out of the past year.

Danica and I painted a few eggs! We blew them and painted them yesterday. I was so proud of her. I prepared one egg for her(poked nails into the ends to make little holes you can blow the innards out) and she did her second one all by herself. I was cringing thinking I was going to be cleaning up a crushed egg and splatter. Nope.

Her eggs. She wanted them to look like easter eggs.

I painted my egg for her because lately she's taken to carrying around an egg I painted for my mom when we're at her house. We'll see how long it lasts. I painted the one for my mom in the 7th grade! ...the egg is still wet....

Danica had her first full soccer practice of the season tonight. It was
freezing and rainy. Danica had on longsleeves and two jackets. Mira had on her hat, a jacket with a hood and was bundled in her sister's coat that luckily was in the car along with a couple blankets. It really is a good thing I never clean out my car. I was gonna say I wish I had a camera with me but..it was raining and I would never take Neil's camera out in the rain! Did you hear that Neil? I'm taking extra good care of it. ;) I borrowed a camera from Neil soon after having babes. It's a neat camera! He seemed to find mine lacking and not cool enough to properly document a little baby. I realized the other day that I've had it for a LOOOONG time and I don't think he had it for long at all when I borrowed it. He's such a good brother. I don't think he reads my blog. hahaha. He probably wouldn't appreciate this. =)

Back to the Trax! We really enjoy these. Sissy likes playing with them too. It involves a lot of destruction on her part. She let the train pass her several times this morning without knocking it car by car off the track. Tonight she was playing with the remote and starting and stopping the train. I think Danica gets a little tired of her sis following her around messing up the things she's building but she is pretty patient with Mira. I'm thinking I should probably give her some baby free time.

Babes controlling the train.

There go the cars...
I'm very impressed if anyone makes it through my posts. ;)
3 comments:
So funny!! You kids are so cute!! We need to get together sometime!
What a great post, I'm sure I'll forget most of what I wanted to say... let's see cute hair I rarely ever do mine either, I love the thumbs up, and my sis in-law let us borrow her Geo tracks they are THE BEST! I was just thinking about blowing out eggs the other day now I'm totally going to for Easter. Oh and Love the family pic!!
You are the Queen of Long Posts. I read almost everything, though! Great post! Great catch up! I LOVED the tooth story. Traumatic is the word. Man. I can't believe she thanked you after. That's a great kid! Mira is getting so cute! I loved all her pics! Oh yeah, your hair looked AMAZING. Have you looked at my blog? I'm PREGNANT!!! I sent you an invite, right? If I didn't, email me at megan.jentzsch@gmail.com.
Post a Comment