September 28, 2010

Danica is a 1st grader!!

This actually makes me want to go private so I can put more details. Oh well, maybe someday.  Danica was excited for school to start.  Then the first day came and she came home asking if she can be home-schooled.  I was so sad to hear this.  She is only a first grader!  It's way too early for her not to like it.  She is in the same classroom as I was in though has a new teacher.  She was also in my kindergarten class last year.  I get a big kick out of this.  =)  She likes it now and talks about playing with her friends Lilly and Colleen. She even gets to see a couple friends that she made while in daycare.  They are in kindergarten but share a morning recess.  I'm glad she gets to see them because she had been saying that she missed them and I felt guilty for not making some attempts at a play date. I think it made school easier for her for a while for familiar faces to be there.  None of her friends from last year are in her class.  We went into parent-teacher conference and the teacher said she's very quiet and seems uncomfortable/unsure a lot.  =(  It was weird to hear because you can't get two minutes of quiet out of her at home.   I really hope she likes her class next year because she seemed to have been doing a lot better in her class last year when she loved school and her teacher.  A positive change this year is that she loves reading now!  She grumbled about it last year but chooses to spend a lot of her time at home reading aloud.  I guess she's mine after all. =)
Since I haven't blogged in forever and I'm just sliding this in, here are pics from this fall.
Danica's first day of the first grade.


 She's been more interested in clothes(uh-oh) and was SO excited to dress up in clothes she got to pick out.
We're pretty awesome.

 She calls this her, "I love my ducks shirt."



 Danica is a big fan of the DSi Uncle Neil gave to us.
 Of course if its snows even an inch they cancel school.  I appreciate it.  We don't see much white weather around here.  Unfortunately I slept in and she finally woke me up so pitifully sad that the snow was melting and she didn't get to play in it.  I felt awful.  She was happy enough to get to play in the snow that was still covering the car so I guess she wasn't traumatized.
 We worked together to make a little snowgirl.  =)
 The girls enjoying playing with their kitchen and accessories.
 A picture we see a lot in one form another. She is often reading.  I love it!

No comments: