March 2, 2010

For the Grandmas...

Some of these have been posted elsewhere but here you go...pics from the last couple months. Now no more whining! I mean...gentle reminders to post more recent pics.


Danica bought this LPS toy with some of her Christmas money. She spent hours getting the stickers just right. She let me help. =) She likes "activities."
She lost a front tooth!..followed by a couple more soon after.
A rare picture of me and the girls...only because Uncle Neil was there to take a pic. Rob does not take pics. In fact, he probably hasn't seen more than a couple of these pics. haha.
I know I'm their mom and all but I just think these two are so adorable together. Danica is such a great big sis. Real helpful to me and a great friend/sister to Mira. I hope it lasts!
Danica changing a diaper for the first time by herself. Mira is always taking off in the middle of diaper changes so she doesn't help much anymore.
Notice Mira's thumb. She has long since decided she doesn't take pacifiers but she will occasionally play with one. She tried sticking it into her sister's mouth.
Danica reads and it is SO awesome. I LOVE when she reads to me. I'm a total bookworm and I'm hoping she turns out the same. She's been reading The Best Nest these last few days. I like children's books. =)
Mira liked getting into her toys by herself so we hooked the swing out of the way.
An outfit she got for Christmas from Grandma Julie. =) She just kept crawling at the camera so it was hard to get a good pic.
Daddy has long hair! I've actually liked it recently because he trimmed the sideburns. It looks way better.
So cute!
Mira helping her daddy study. She's a little too fond of anything paper to be trusted around his books.
I found this roller ball on clearance for $5. I was so excited. I had debated getting it for her for christmas but didn't since there were such mixed reviews on it. She likes it.
Helping mama type an e-mail to Mandi. I totally would call her Aunt Mandi because that's how I always refer to her(Danica started it) but I won't because that would be too presumptive. ... ...
My dad and I made cinnamon rolls from scratch and they were sooooo good!!!!!


She was so excited to be able to play in big sister's room. She's not often in there. Luckily Danica is a DEEP sleeper and I can put clothes away and pick up while she's sleeping. I could probably vacuum while she sleeps. Mira is the opposite. If we step on the creaky floor wrong she's up, flipped over and crawling off the bed.
Big Sister is "hiding" in the bathroom. Silly Big sis. Mira likes following her around.

Climber.

My milk is special. Jealous?

Danica is arranging her toys for her to mess up. It's continuous.

We saw the SUN!!!

A few days of sun was not enough to de-sog the ground though. Oh well. We still played.
She would turn away from pureed foods but loves finger foods. She now tolerates pureed fruit though. She will not take more than a bite of veggies or cereal. I don't blame her! Why eat squash when she can eat pears and apple/blueberries?!
My cute little girls. =)
One of them is more useful than the other at doing dishes.
Danica feeding her.





She keeps going under the table to play but she only has a couple inches clearance. It makes me nervous.
I think it may be a few more months before I get over the frustration of posting pics though. Blogger totally hates me. It would only let me load a couple pics at a time....and then it had them spaced really far apart.

6 comments:

The Wittig Family said...

It's about time!! I was starting to wonder what happened to you. Such cute pictures. How fun to have such cute girls and such a nice helper. Is Danica babysitting yet? ;)
Oh, and just to let you know, Makaylin isn't the good eater that she was in the videos anymore. Not so sure you would want her example anymore :)

Christine said...

Oh my goodness! Your girls are getting so big and beautiful! Looks like lots of fun times! :)

CindyV said...

Great job, Melissa! What a fun blog post. I'm sure I speak for all "the Grandmas" when I say thank you, thank you.

(But please tell me why your gallon of milk is wearing a ballet tutu?)

Megan and Greg said...

Now THAT was a post. Holy cow. I don't wanna think about how long that took you to make. Yikes. But great pics!

Watts Family said...

So why didn't I get to try those wonderful looking Cinnamon rolls. I am a little sad. The pictures are so cute, but my favorite one is the first one of Mira. She looks so old!

Love Our House said...

I just love all those pictures! They are so stinkin' cute. Two girls are the best. Yours are so sweet. I have to admit, I'm a little jealous of the milk ballerina. Where did you find such a star? Hehe. Seriously so fun to see all the cute pics of the growing girls. Hope everything's going well! Brit :o) www dot angleseyfamily dot com