April 4, 2010

Easter, Wester

Happy Easter! It sure is fun having little kids at Easter. Well, I mean it always is but holidays sure are loads more fun. ;) Our plans kinda got disrupted since Mira, Rob and I are sickies. On Saturday Danica and I dyed eggs. She did better at it than I. I had seen an egg dying kit in my parents garage so I decided to use that. It didn't work; apparently in the 15 years since it was mixed up something went amiss. We opted for using food coloring and vinegar instead. I tried twice to make purple with no such luck. The first one resembled a grenade. The second just looked like a wadded up piece of trash. I did learn when I rinsed the dark greenish one off when I was peeling it that it turns into a pretty pinkish purple. Go figure. Danica made pretty turquoise, green and yellow ones with glitter. We then made pink cupcakes with yellow frosting. They were okay. Better than I thought strawberry cake would taste. I stuffed Danica's eggs and hid them before going to bed. She came in a couple times in the morning to see if she could do the egg hunt yet but I kept telling her I was SLEEPING! Well when I did get up she magically was able to find most of her eggs right away. I wonder what she was doing while I slept? =) It was fun. We played the hot-cold game to find the last couple. Mira got a bear that had a recorded message from the rest of us. She did like playing with the eggs after her sister emptied them. These girls' grandparents sure spoil them! Well, Rob and I got spoiled too with yummy food delivered to our door since we were too germy to hang out.

Nana Mykie sent an "activity" for Danica to do. She loves activities, of all sorts. I sometimes label something as an activity just so she'll be excited about doing it...like folding laundry ;)
They also got matching Easter dresses. I hope to get a pic of them in them next Sunday. They are oh so cute!
Danica working on her eggs.
One of the few eggs she hadn't found yet...

With Easter baskets from Grandma Julie...
Mira sat there shredding all the tissue wrapping from Grandma Cindy's present.
I bet it could provide hours of entertainment.

Thanks to all who made Easter special for us!!

1 comment:

Megan and Greg said...

I loved your story about dying eggs. Pretty funny. Happy Easter!