April 3, 2010

Jamboree...

So the first season Danica did soccer she loved it right away and would be working on "skills" while most of the other little kids were running around. The second season she was more interested in picking daisies than playing. So this time around I asked her if she wanted to play...yes... but then informed her that she had to actually play soccer, not just play in the grass....still yes. Oh man. I sure had to remind her of this today! We get to the jamboree and she is crying and crying that she doesn't want to play, it's no fun, she doesn't like it, she just wants to watch, and on and on. I was literally pushing her towards the field to try and get her to go out there. I finally threatened to take away her easter stuff if she didn't just try. Bingo. She stopped whining and went out there. We came home with a happy little camper.

Those little kids are so cute. I love how they are just a swarm of kicking that moves around the field together.
I'm not sure if the game was going on at the moment but she is totally trained to pose for pictures.
Totally awful picture, I know, but this is Danica scoring a goal. I was not looking through the camera... and I was cheering ;)

Mira behaved pretty well through the games. It was quite chilly. I was cold! I need to bring hot cocoa next time.

1 comment:

Megan and Greg said...

Cool pictures! You got her mid-kick and everything. That's great! At that age I would totally be afraid of the ball, in some ways, I still am. That tooth fairy message was hilarious.