September 2, 2008

Meager beginnings

Okay so I have to admit that I hate writing with a passion and will probably fail miserably at keeping up with this but I have promised I would make attempts.

I'm fairly certain that the only thing I did this summer so far, despite me having ample amounts of free time since I've worked minimally, is go camping overnight and to the aquarium...back at the beginning of the summer. And, of course, I couldn't find any extra batteries to my camera and only got off a couple shots before it died.

Rob, Danica and I headed over to the coast to camp one night at Washburne State Park and then to the Newport aquarium. It was a good trip but it was SO cold. Danica never complained about the temperature but did seem to think I was silly for making her wear so much clothes. She kept telling me she was already wearing pajamas when I tried getting her to double up. We used one of the walk-in campsites. I was impressed. We had almost the first pick and chose a site where we couldn't see any other campsites. (I'd like to insert that Rob does not think camping in a site counts as camping...there must be no one within fifty miles and definitely no plumbing before he seems to deem it worthy to carry the name. haha) Rob and Danica got to work collecting wood. Danica loved helping. It was amusing to see her dragging pieces that were much longer than she is tall. In the meantime I was in charge of blowing up the airmattresses.(another non-"camping" piece of equipment) They did much better with their work since we all ended up on the ground by morning.


Danica and I made a quick trip to see the beach but it was super windy. I wasn't prepared for the wind and ended up layering us in clothes(meant for goodwill) that had been sitting in my trunk. Danica looked like a little hoodlum with a black du-rag to cover her head. I wished I had my camera for that. We searched for shells but most of them were just scattered pieces. Danica kept saying "look mommy I found a whole one!" We came home with a nice collection of -whole- rocks. =)

We went to the aquarium the next day. I'd never been. I was interested to see if it would be worth the $40 for us to go. I think we lasted an hour and a half and I liked it just fine. Danica looked at all the tanks and pointed out starfish. That was mostly all she cared about. She did point out when she saw fish that looked like Dory(finding Nemo) but mainly it was "look mommy, look daddy-it's a starfish!"x 571.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I left the fun little comment on facebook about baby making me look fat. I thought for sure you would notice it, until yesterday when I discovered you're not even on there anymore. That's when I decided I would have to call and tell you. Love the blog! I'm so glad you started one. And by the way, if you don't keep it up with occassional updates, there will be consequences. :) Love you!

Taylor said...

YES! you finally did it!