September 20, 2008

Rob's first post

Yes, this will be my first post of really anything on this Internet doo-hickamuhbob. I managed to hold the line against temptation from the usual gossip breeding grounds such as myspace and facebook, but only to succumb to the yuppiest most self promoting machination of them all... a blog. My fingers quiver while contemplating what political lancet or haughty wisdom scraps I deign to chuck to my starved reading base... huh... oh no, yah I am... love you too... So umm yah melissa "isn't sure she trusts [me] to blog," -why? my guess is as good as yours. I guess this is a "family" blog, i.e. what I will call the flog.

Well, every flogging should begin with someone stealing something. In this case the culprit was Danica. She is the first to rise in our home and usually in the middle of some fantastic adventure or serious undertaking by the time her parents get up. Lately she has been getting up with a stuffed panda down her pants. My query: "Hey kiddo, why is there a panda in your PJs?" Response: "Because it's my baby, do want to hold him daddy?" I did, but I had to be very gentle with his head and blankie. A few minutes later "I stole some of mommy's cookies." She is apparently still sensitive to guilt and is referring to Mel's ginger snaps. they were too alluring for the 4 year old, but I respected her honesty and had a really good discussion on stealing that was of course immediately forgotten.

Lately Mel and I have had the honor to help out in nursery with her parents who are the nursery monitors/directors/leaders? I have had the time of my life since week one, and even Mel admits she likes being part of the excitement. Cuteness aside, it is a kick to help them learn to play nice with eachother, try to quiet them down for prayer, pop bubbles etc. My ace in the hole is pretending to eat plastic food, it just never gets old.

Today I had court. I am a Victim Advocate in the circuit court. I just passed my year mark a month ago so I have been upgraded to having my hand scanned. This is so I don't have to wait behind the hundred or so jurors that apparently always finish lunch when I arrive and have never been through a metal detector before. The secret is to take all the metal off your person and give it to security the first time or else you have to back and through again and again until you get it right while everyone waits. Luckily, since I am a part of the DA's office and am forbidden to so much as utter a word to them, the secret is safe with me. Also I got my first murder case. The only reason really is because I speak spanish (the victims are spanish speaking), actually it would just be attempted murder as everyone is alive... anyway I usually am a bit cavalier with these things so, on the topic of murder, Mel and I went to the Oregon v. Utah game.

It looks like she has already mentioned this with accompanying pictures (you'll find no such media from me). It has been a fun season despite the black clouds looming up from california for us later in the year, and not helped by the usual season killing injury count. It has been great watching our friends play since all three get to start this year, if you count special teams, and I do.

9 comments:

Erin said...

Wow, Rob. Very well done. I know I don't know you very well, but keep up the good work (blogging and taking care of my best friend!)!

Or should I have said flogging?

Taylor said...

Well I must say that was a good attempt at blogging. Hey did you hear the news? Boise State beat your beloved University of Oregon! Imagine that! J/K with ya! It was a great game though! GO BRONCOS!

Taylor said...

The only thing that made it a close game was the smart move the coaches made by putting in the red shirt QB. He was WAY better then the 3rd string QB and it isn't Boise States fault that the other 1st QB couldn't play in that game. You had to use your third string QB who wasn't even great. He couldn't throw and he couldn't run with his bad leg. Did we give your 2nd string QB a concussion? That's the risk you get playing ball. But this red shirt QB has what it takes to redeem your team next time. You have to admit BSU played well though.

Unknown said...

I loved the 'flog'. It makes me feel more connected to your little family.
There were some very cute pics. So Rob are you growing a beard, or just not feeling like shaving? Loved the pics of Danica. That is cute story about the the panda. The Ducks will be back next week. Love you, Mom, Mykie, Nana Mykie.

Aaron Hill said...

ROB YOU ARE SO FUNNY!!!! OH MY GOSH.... SOOOOO FUNNY!!!

Aaron Hill said...

Aaron Says: Oh and I almost forgot, Congrats you two on being PREGGERS!!! We're so excited for the both of you

Mel D said...

So not preggers!! Aaron, you are trouble! No spreading rumors!

Aaron Hill said...

"Mel's ginger snaps"????? Only pregnant women eat those. I think Rob was dropping hints.

Erin said...

Aaron and April, you clearly don't know Mel very well. She loves everything ginger related even when she's not pregnant. And believe me, I was there before and after the pregnancy with Danica! But then again, if she's eating them, it doesn't hurt to ask right? :)