Let's see if I can think of some things she's up to. She says mama and dada a lot. And "hi." She says "ba" sometimes for bye and is learning to wave. She's hit and miss on if she's going to cooperate though. She eats pureed fruits, steamed broccoli and cauliflower, Rice chex, cheerios, cheese and milk...that's basically it. So picky! She gives mama wet, slobbery kisses but is still not a very cuddly baby. I keep hoping she's going to decide to be a cuddler =( She loves to walk around holding onto our fingers. She's getting steadier and I think if we worked with her more she would be walking real soon. Do we really want that?! She LOVES her big sis and follows her around everywhere. She'll wait at sissy's door for her to come out if Danica shuts herself in her room. She goes from cupboard to cupboard pulling stuff out in the kitchen. Her "snugglies" are slips so we must look funny carting them around wherever we go but she sure loves them! She already throws little tantrums. Oh dear. If we cart her away from something she wants(like the contents of the fridge) she throws herself face down on the floor and sobs for a little bit. Luckily she gets over it fast but really? Already?! We sure are enjoying her!!!
I tortured my poor little children with "photoshoots." Here are some pics from that...
So funny story behind this BIG, HONKIN' thing... My dear sweet husband wanted a telescope. I don't blame him. I thought it sounded fun...but as he was searching for what he wanted on-line I asked him what kind he wanted and he told me it was an 8 inch "fill in the word that turned out to be a very important word!!!" I pictured in my mind something similar to the one we had growin up but on a little larger scale. It was maybe a couple feet long with its legs and a couple inches in diameter. Well he picks me up from my parents house where I had been while he was driving to Albany to get it and tells me it's a little bigger than he was thinking. Well a little bigger than he was thinking turned out to be about 29,000 times bigger than what I was thinking!!! Haha. Meet our new piece of furniture. Big Bertha.
A couple days ago I was in the kitchen(as I so often am since I tend to eat nonstop) and heard Mira shrieking with joy in the other room. She had been sleeping so I rushed to see what in the world she had gotten into that she was so exited about.... She discovered that big sis had left the door cracked open when showering and was sticking her arm in the water.
Okay, so I tend to get excited really easy. I bought a rug for the kitchen floor and love it. It was a cheap find at Ross and it fits wonderfully. We wanted to lay something down to prevent babes from slipping since she's constantly in the kitchen wearing socks. The girls just played and played on it. Mira kept getting distracted by the feel of it as she moved around and was inspecting it closely. Danica was excitied to be able to lay on the kitchen floor?
When getting Danica ready for school the other morning I saw that the back of her hair was wonderfully curly so I just curled a few pieces in the front half on both sides and she was good to go. Today I actually got it in pigtails! Wahaha. And she thought she could escape me doing her hair. I will learn; I will learn. (I think she wanted it cut so she didn't have to have anything done to it.)
2 comments:
Your Kids are so Cute! Big Bertha is BIG you guys will probably get a good view of Saturn from your house. lol
Hey, if Rob would like anyone to go out with to do the telescope thing with there is a really nice guy from our old apartment complex that is REALLY into it and goes all the time. Megan and I went with him and it was really fun because he knows where to find everything and what it is, etc. He also knows where to go in town to get the clearest views. Anyway, I still keep in touch with him via email and could send him Rob's email or number or whatever. Just let me know if he is interested. In any case, hope you have fun with Big Bertha.
Greg
Post a Comment