April 29, 2010

Blog hopping...

Miss Danica in her new shirt-dress.
So I was blog hopping a couple days ago, admiring the amazing creative skills of Ms. Amy W.(really she's amazing!) and ended up on THIS site. It "claimed" to be easy and only take 2-3 hours so I thought I'd give it a try.  Ever so often I feel some desire to be crafty but my skills don't always ah...match up...to the projects I find.  Well 297 hours later I was done! Yay!!!  
She recommended using an adult men's XL dress shirt for the project but it was for 2-3 year olds.  We lucked out and found a "Tall" shirt and luckily Danica liked it.  She insisted on trying it on in the store though I kept telling her I was going to alter it before it would be her dress.  =) 
She kept trying to get me to get shirts in this fabric.... or one similar...it looked super bright and Christmas-y.  It must have had green on it too.
It's not what I would have guessed she wanted!
I wonder if I can find any other simple projects to try.  Danica wants a butterfly on her dress so I might try my hand at applique.   I think I like it as-is though. Or I'm afraid to mess it up!  It shan't be difficult to convince her to play with a shirt instead.

7 comments:

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

Holy cow! That is so cute!! Good job, mom! :) I never would've guessed that was altered from a men's shirt - I assumed you started from scratch. What a fun project.

Our Pratt Pack said...

SOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!

Emily said...

Goof job Melissa, it turned out awesome! I love made...she has such great stuff and awesome tutorials!!

kirstenwilsonphotography said...

That's amazing. I wish I had the patience and a sewing machine. haha It looks so cute on her!

Megan and Greg said...

Oh my gosh! It looks so great! I'm impressed! I always get inspired by my sister's blogs, but I have come to realize my will and talent just don't match up to my second long ambitions. You did so good!

Christine said...

WOW! That is super cute! Good job! I hope I can be that crafty some day...lol

Carol and Bruce said...

That is adorable! Who would a thought? Fun to catch up with your fam. The girls are so CUTE!